Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Hope I Don't Get Sued...

This Summer, you will believe a moose can fly:

Hey! Down There! What's That Bear Doing In The Woods..?

This doodle, which, once again, I spent too much time on, combines two of my favourite comics. The first one is a wonderful web comic by Mike Witmer called Pinkerton. I love it and all its rascally woodland creatures and their antics and shenanigans. Pictured up above are Martin (the moose) and Buckley (the rodent scarfing fox). I knew Witmer would have another hit on his hand when his first strip came out entitled "Hyper-Active Baby-Making Machine."

No, Martin can not fly.

That's the second comic. It's called Invincible, and this is a parody of a, well, not-so-pivotal scene. Written by Robert Kirkman (whom also pens The Walking Dead, a zombie comic...Squeeee!), it's just plain ol' good story telling.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks, Derek. Any plans to bring back your strip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I'm so glad you like it. Yes, actually. I'm doing up the website now with a new format in mind. I want to, I need to, I long to continue...

    ReplyDelete